Many of our assignments are of course confidential, so nobody other than the customer and we know of the relationship. However, here’s a short selection of what we’ve done, and who we’ve worked with (some of the reviews mentioned are available in the public domain):
Board, chair and director training and skills building; strategy facilitation; director and CEO succession
- Lead facilitator for Institute of Directors programmes for over 15 years.
- Governance workshops for board members at all stages of development – future directors to experienced board chairs – utilising our 25+ years of practical board and chairing experience. We’ve developed many sector-specific programmes, for example banking, co-operatives, primary industry, government entities and for-purpose/not-for-profit organisations.
- ‘Training of trainers’ with the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), for new directors of banks in Indonesia.
- A wide variety of governance development programmes worldwide, working with various international agencies.
- Regular governance presenter for Rabobank Australia’s Executive Development Program for emerging rural leaders.
In-depth governance advice and commentary, expert witness statements, conference speaker
- Developer and owner of the acclaimed FICKS™ Governance Framework, describing the five key functions of a board.
- Expert witness evidence in High Court cases, on good governance practice, including boardroom conduct, board minutes, directors’ obligations and conflicts of interest.
- In-depth governance reviews on behalf of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- Keynote speaker on sector-specific governance issues at international conferences.
- Developer of a Risk Management Framework for the Internet’s Domain Name System.
- Author of ‘Guidance for the Directors of Banks’, 2013, a primer for new bank directors, commissioned and distributed worldwide by the IFC.
- Author of possibly the world’s only blog written specifically for board chairs and experienced directors, at chairingtheboard.com.
Benchmarked board and director evaluations, governance reviews
- Fully benchmarked board, chair, director and CEO evaluations for more than 15 years, across all sectors and types of organisation.
- Review of the governance of the Australian Internet domain ‘.au’, for the national body, .au Domain Administration Limited.
- Review and re-structure of the governance and committee structures for a large, long-established crown-owned agency.